I recommended that no more than two dogs
of opposite sex only ever be permitted
stay together unattended ( If you already
have a male pet dog of any breed I
you NOT get a male pet Alaskan malamute). Malamutes only do well with the opposite
sex . Do not rely on dog parks to excercise
for this reason . They more then likely
not get along in group situations when
An underground fence will not work. with an Alaskan malamute. Invisible fencing is not going to keep animals, or other threats out of your yard. If your dog runs through the barrier in persuit of a critter ( and they will ! ) , he's going to get corrected by that collar if he tries to get back. home . This fence will NOT work for an Alaskan Malamute
|It is important that I find the best appropriate home for every puppy. This application does not qualify or disqualify you . It only gives me the information I need to place each puppy in the best homes possible. We want the home to be the last home they will ever need. Note: If you are interested in one of our puppies, Please Complete the following questionnaire . We will be in touch with you as soon as possible. KalaMals reserves the right to cancel any reservation for any reason at its sole discretion. Upon such cancellation, a refund of the deposit shall be made . Persons placing reservations for the purchase of a Puppy hereby agree to and do indemnify and hold harmless KalaMals from any and all damages or liability resulting from such cancellation. By signature, the buyer accepts all the foregoing and constitutes this as a binding contract .|
PLEASE ASK YOURSELF, AM I WILLING TO:
1. Devote the hours and energy necessary to train and socialize this dog?
2. Spend at least 1 to 2 hours per day exercising this dog?
3. Comb and brush this dog at least several times each week?
4. Live with and clean up after this dog, after all the shedding that will occur (at least twice a year)?
5. Take full responsibility for a thinking, living, feeling creature that will depend solely on me?
6. Spend an adequate amount of time everday playing with this dog?
7. Accept the fact that my Alaskan Malamute will probably not be a good watchdog?
8. Live with a dog that may dig holes in my yard/garden ect...?
9. Live with a dog that will grow to be between 22" to 26" on average, and weigh between 75 to 100 pounds on average?
10. Live with a dog that will consider livestock as something to be pursued and to be eaten?
11. Live with a dog that requires 5/6 cups of food a day as a puppy and slightly less as an adult?
12. Live with a dog who may howl when left alone?
13. Live with a dog that may take over your the back seat of your car when you travel?
14. Live with a dog that will consider just about anything in your home his to gnaw on while teething?
15. Live with a dog that will take every opportunity to embarass you with his/her comic antics?
16. Provide a clean, healthy and safe living environment for the dog?
17. Keep the dog indoors, or in a securely fenced in yard or dog run?
18. Physically handle a very large, powerful and energetic dog?
19. Spend the money necessary for proper Veterinary care?
20. Bath the dog as needed or pay a groomer to do this job?
21. Provide this dog with adequate toys and rawhide chewies ?
22. Be a fair but firm owner with this dog when disciplining it?
23. Make this commitment for the next 12 to 14 years?